Accent Cook Duties and Responsibility
Scheduled for a specific date from about 5:30 PM – 7 PM in the PCC kitchen
- Prepare the pre-packaged salad, warm bread, make the beverage, pre-cut desserts such as
pies and cakes and wait for the driver
- Heat up other dishes for the meal. This could be overflow food from the previous night or
Cooks do on occasion deliver the meal to the PCC kitchen requiring it to be heated at
the designated time.
- In some instances, the entire meal will be from our donated dishes and require heating.
- On rare occasions, it might be necessary for the Accent Cook to cook simple dishes
such as rice or pasta
Cook or Group Cook Duties and Responsibility
Scheduled for a specific date according to availability.
Street Life Ministries provides the meals for the Open Cook Dates. The meal is made up of donations provided such as frozen casseroles and canned fruits and vegetables.
Generally, it is a group of individuals that sign up to prepare the entire meal and an individual that signs up to prepare a dish toward a future meal. This is generally due to the cost associated with the purchase of the ingredients. But does NOT limit individuals who are able to provide a complete meal. We have compiled this list of the most useful foods we can use if you simply want to contribute food.
- Prepare your favorite dish that freezes well and we will store it to incorporate into an
- Fresh fruit is always welcomed
- ‘Family’ or ‘buffet’ size frozen vegetables
- ‘Industrial’ or ‘restaurant’ size cans of fruit or vegetables
- Already cooked frozen meat – meatballs, various sausages, chicken wings
- ‘Industrial’ or ‘restaurant’ size cans of meat – tuna or chicken
- ‘Industrial’ or ‘restaurant’ size cans of broth – vegetable, beef, or chicken
- Chinese takeout, Pizza, or McDonald’s food (or any takeout) is always welcomed. Our
drivers are available to pick up ‘take outs’ too.
- PCC kitchen is open and available for you to cook in each night from 5 PM – 10 PM and
all day on (most) Fridays. Yes, it is fully stocked with all the right pots and pans and all
the utensils you need.
- On occasion, SLM gets uncooked food donations and you could use your kitchen or the
PCC kitchen to prepare it.
- For Cooks or Cook Groups that prepare the entire meal in their homes or churches, SLM
will send our drivers to you to transport the food to the site